Monday, March 14, 2011

Goals

So I am really into goals lately. We have completed the first 2 which were the thirty day raw food, and the five k. My boys (6&8) have the goal of getting six packs, which they are very very close! Our next family goal as I mentioned is doing splits in all three directions. We are making good progress. My present personal goal is completing an at home medical transcriptions program that I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be able to do, thanks to my fabulous aunt. Terrina has given the idea for our next goal after the splits are done which is to do cartwheels:) I told her she should pick the next goal because so far she has not been excited with our choices.

My purpose with the goals is not to be able to do the things we are aspiring to do but to be doing, trying, striving, accomplishing, something. Pushing through even when it is hard or may hurt a little. To give my kids the desire to be all God has made them to be, stretching out of their comfort zones which may be used in unimaginable ways.


I like comfort, I have many fears, I don't like change. These things hinder our lives leaving us just existing but not thriving with purpose. Leaving our worldly security, puts us out in the open which is scary and will be targeted more by those who may not understand us, or may give our Godly sisters opportunity to correct us (which is painful), But I would rather be humiliatingly wrong, while trying my best, than quietly, timidly, ineffectively right.

I don't know if this makes sense tying our little fun goals and adventures in with these thoughts, but I believe God has inspired me to lead my Chickie's in this way and in turn I feel so alive. Like I did when I was six and ready to serve God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, one little note or smile at a time. I believe I let life, fear of man, and comfort thwart my zeal for the life and purpose God has given me to live out. How grateful I am He does not leave us floundering, or sitting still.

Oh, we are SUPER excited about a goal we have set which is planned to happen in eight years. Yes eight years, so I will not share it with you yet. But eight years from now when I am writing about a fabulous adventure, I will remind you that this is the day the desire for this goal was born:-)

We make our plans but God works out His perfect plan.

I would LOVE to hear of your ideas for family goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment