Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1st day Breakfast

Good Moorning!
I am writing tonight backwards from dinner to breakfast so that is appears in order on the blog (I think) So if I seem out of order, I probably am.
I wanted to share with you an acrostic my Aunt made after reading about Terrinas statement yesterday. R-really
A- awkward/awesome?
W-way of eating I love that. She is so clever.
This morning Kage ran down eager to see what we would be having and Terrina made some little whining noises as she looked at the "chia porridge". I actually found a bag at Thunderbird that has chia, hemp seed (I have to find out why this is not a drug), and buckwheat. It only takes 5 min. to soak but it says RAW right on the bag. It looked like bird seed. I took the soaked porridge and fallowed the recipe from http://Nouveauraw.com mixing in an apple,banana and cinnamon. In fact unless I mention other wise just assume all recipes are from her web site "K". I did add honey on Terrina's and Kages because they love it, and pureed strawberry's on all of ours.

So we were all pretty nervous to take our first bite. So we pretended we were horses and we had to eat grass. So then after the first bite we would compare our food with grass and decide if it was better or worse. I had to keep reminding Terrina to compare it to grass, but Kage said "I don't even have to compare it to grass. This is great, I want it every day even after the 30 days is over!"
Seth and Airionna took their one bite each and were content to stay with their ricecrispies. However as Kage and I were raving about the healthiness of our dish Seth wondered how healthy his dish was. I told him "not too healthy". He was eager to find a way to make it healthy. So we added sliced bananas and pureed strawberries to his ricecrispies. This alone is a success in my book.
I thought it was rather tasty. With the banana it had a creamy texture and with the seeds it just seemed like super seedy strawberry. I could definitely eat this for breakfast often.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you all for taking on this advenrure! It sounds like it is tuning out to be a surprizing and positive experience. Raw! Raw! Raw! Gooooooooooooo Rabers! -Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I really need to check my spelling before I hit send!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete