Monday, January 24, 2011

1st shopping trip


I got to go shopping with only Bryce tonight which was a life saver because as it is I was gone for over 2 hours. It is tricky shopping for things that you do not know what are. Thunder Bird is awesome though. I expected to have to go to several different stores to find everything but they had most all of it. The only things I did not find were Kelp and Quionoa grains. Maybe Fredmeyers? Any way at one point 3 people were helping me find things on my list, a little curious why I was buying stuff I did not know what was. One of them knew exactly what and where it all was so that was great. Did I mention they were all nice and eager to help? I did explain I was going off of some raw food recipes so when we met again in the check out she came across the steak she looked at me saying " don't tell me your eating this raw" lol No, that was for Tim my husband who is very clear that he will not be joining us on this journey, but will watch us with much joking I am sure.:-)


So we are all stocked up and ready for tomorrow! Terrina was all for it as I was telling her about it but then when she saw all the "GREEN" stuff she started to change her mind. Kage on the other hand is still very excited. Seth just might surprise us. I am reminded of the time at the Sader dinner that he dipped his parsley in the salt water and when we all took a nibble he scarfed it all down proudly saying "boys like gross stuff". Not that I am expecting our food to be gross but looking at all the fungus and green stuff I am just saying... you know, from the kids perspective:-)


I am so excited! Remember how I said part of the journey was going to be getting a dehydrator and juicer? Well I thought it would take time if it ever happened. O.K. really I figured I would not be able to do the recipes that called for these things at all, which would have been a bummer. But I just got a message from a friend who offered to loan me her juicer during our 30 day adventure! Wow, I need a new word other that great and excited, but it is and I am!

Also, we are going to make our own dehydrator. We will line a box with tin foil and put a light bulb in the side. I looked it up on line and it seems to work for others really well. I will put a thermometer in the box because the point of raw food according to Dr. Oz is that the food needs to stay under 116 F so that the natural enzymes in the food are not destroyed. We'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment