Friday, January 28, 2011

day 3




Hi this is Terrina,
for breakfast we had porridge again, I like the banana/strawberry taste but its to seedy for me.
At lunch we had to open a coconut to get the coconut water! It's really sweet, I think we have to add the flesh (the white stuff) to the water to make it coconut milk. It was a strong coconut,it was hilarious to see Mom banging on it with our knives, she even broke one of them! So she had to get a hammer, as she was banging it coconut hair was flying all over! I wondered how gorillas do it so easily! We used it in a soup but it was soooooo spicy that NONE of us could eat it,so we ate honey-do, sunflower seeds, blueberries and nuts for lunch.
For dinner me and Kage can have cooked food so we had stake,and baked potato's and I made Mom a spinach salad with tomatoes, sunflower seeds, garlic, pepper,pine nuts and olive oil. We all had a little salad but I don't like it at all so I can't say anything exiting about it.

4 comments:

  1. Good afternoon,
    Where you following a recipe where you were using the coconut? Often times a lot of people are referring to Young Thai Coconuts....those are all that I use. See a link regarding them. http://nouveauraw.com/smoothies-juices-nut-milks/coconut-milk-cream/

    Mature coconuts are very very hard as you all experienced. :)

    Terrina, since the chia seeds are to seedy for you, I am guessing in mouth feel? You can ground them to a powder and make the porridge the same way. I use a $10 coffee grinder or my Bullet to grind the seeds to a powder. But only grind the amount you need at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acrostic for toay:
    RAW -
    ROAD to AWAITED WELLFARE

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, we need to get another Bullet, I wore my last one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I was trying to make the cream corn soup with the coconut. I did see you said to use the Young Thai but I thought I would still try with what I had. It was fun. I had always wanted to open a coconut but never had enough reason to. It was espesialy fun watching Airionna mimic me. However she was using a wooden spoon and calling her baby doll the coconut. Hmmm should I worry?:-)

    ReplyDelete