Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 1 Lunch

OK for lunch we chose to have "Touchdown Spicy Cheese Dip" with broccoli. I was interested to see how this Nutritional yeast tasted. This is one of the items I could not find at the store without help last night. The kids were not apprehensive about this dish because one of my favorite healthy lunches is broccoli in cheese dip stuff. So they were not worried. I kind of was still because I did not see how it could taste like cheese... Now to the verdict: It was AWFUL! and yet I suspect this will be our favorite dish ever that I will totally use instead of my "cheese stuff". Confused? I will explain I put way to much salt in. I think I was supposed to use tea spoons instead of Table spoons but next time I will leave it out and just salt to taste at the end. But I could taste around the horridity and pick out the red bell pepper and garlic and onion, and oh my, I know that done correctly this will be me favorite dish!

We still ate it because this is all we had. Again an opportunity to appreciate the other dishes so much more right? Terrina and I chased each bite with a grape, Airionna looked shocked at why I would have offered her something like this but she swallowed with no fuss. Kage and Seth, Loved It. I think is has to do with what I mentioned yesterday about "boys like yucky things", Because especially Seth who had some left over bread sticks from last night chose to continue eating it! I told Terrina I would dump out this batch and make a new one later and Kage cried out no! I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes Lana! I made this again today too and the salt!! It was a mistype on my end. I am so sorry! A costly one at that. You could make another batch and add some of this one to it...it would give you more volume but maybe it would help cut the salt down. You can use this sauce / dip for many things. Dip with veggies...dip with chips, make zucchini pasta noodles with cheese sauce on them. Just a few ideas. The recipe has been corrected.

    ReplyDelete