Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 6





It has been a nutty day.
Kage has been sick today so we did not do porridge but went with "Gods pop tarts", bananas for breakfast.
For lunch I gave Terrina a rest from raw and let her have the left over french fries from last night. I had some pecans,almonds, and dried cranberries, along with a glass of green tea with lemon and agave. We munched and watched a fabulous movie called "The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry". Wow this was an unexpectedly wonderful movie. I was worried at first because it starts with boys liking a girl and I did not know where it was going, but it turns out wonderful. It is a true story and very inspiring It is definitely christian all they way. I recommend this very highly especially for those of us with boys.
So I was pretty bummed about the dehydrator not working and figured now we can't have any of the cookies or cakes which was what first enticed my people into joining me on this venture. Then I got to thinking... When I make regular cookies we usually just eat the doe soo why not just eat this healthy doe right? Well most of my other great ideas have not panned out, so I was not real confident in this one. Plus my food processor did not grind up the nuts or oats completely so it is much crunchier that it ought to be. So I slowly took a tiny bite and OOLALA we did it! So yummy. We all enjoyed the doe and then rolled them into bars and put them into the freezer. Airionnas melted a little before she finished it but everyone else ate theirs with no mess. I definitely suggest doing this. We will make these even back in the real world. We used the recipe from Amie Sue's site for "Orange infused Cookie with Creamy Orange Sherbet Frosting"
Only I had no desire to continue and I figured I would stop while I was ahead so I did not make the frosting. Another time we will try making a sandwich with the frozen bars and the frosting. They would also be good with dried fruit added.
So the kids had chicken noodle soup for dinner and the bars for snack, I just had some more of the doe. I know I know. I do not need lectures on the reasons not to do this often (I did not eat one veggie today), but I figured it was more healthy than the 5lb. pizzas we usually have on Sundays.

3 comments:

  1. Did you get my long email Lana? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, this 30 days is not at all going how I thought it would. Not for you either, I assume. Nevertheless, an adventure.
    Acrostic for the day:
    RAW-
    RETHINK your
    ALARMING
    WAYS

    ReplyDelete