Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 2


Poor poor Terrina! This is how she looked most of the day. So sad and gloomy wishing she could have "normal food". It is unlike her to keep up the funk this long I started getting worried. Then, after lunch I became really tired. Around 1:30 I told Kage we should go jogging and he for the first time said "well I just really don't feel like exercising today." "What!?" I have never heard him say that. Ever. So with all three of us seeming unusually tired I began to think maybe it was a withdrawal of the foods we normally have or something. I went on line and sure enough others have had the same experience. It seemed to have started later for them though and lasted up to 2 weeks. Well since we started right away maybe it will leave just as quickly for us.(please pray this will be true) As I was looking on line about others talking about the raw food diet I also realized we may not be eating enough. They all talked about having to get used to eating soo much. One said he ate 8.5 lbs of food and woke in the morning 2 lbs lighter. Well I don't think we will be weighing our food before we eat it but we did go to grocery outlet and stock up on some more fruit for in between meals.
I tried to surprise Terrina this morning with some oat meal which she loves.(When cooked) A friend of mine who has been eating raw for a while, which I did not realize, told me oat meal soaked over night worked great. So I put oat meal in her bowl first and covered it was a small layer of porridge. I eagerly watched and held my camera up to her expecting to see a sign of delight as she tasted the oatmeal, but it never came. I told her it was in there and my sweet girl realizing I had tried to help her out, perked up with a "oh yes I do taste it, I guess this is a little better than yesterday!" Kage still loved his chia porridge and I enjoyed mine even more than yesterday. Seth and Airionna had their single bites and then appreciated their own cereal. Seth loving his bandannas and strawberries again. Looks like one good habit has already been adopted. Bryce scarfed down 1/4 of my porridge and then had some of Terrinas left overs.
Lunch is what you see up above. It is on the Nouveau Raw web site under side dishes called "Mexican Style Seasoned". We all three agreed that this was very tasty. We would like to try this dish again putting it in one of the corn wraps and eating it like a taco or scooping it up with a chip. Those who enjoy eating salad will love this recipe just the way we ate it. Airionna and Seth were not to eager to try this one but when given the choice of one bite of moms food or a whole pile of plain peas, they chose moms food. Airionna had to quickly follow it with a crunchy fish cracker.
For dinner we had left overs. I finished up the zucchini noodle dinner from last night and the kids finished up the pizza from... Monday I think? Any way I was not really looking forward to the cold sour sauce. Now here is were my friend with the web site may shake her head in disgust but here goes. Well as a mom when my babes were babies and I could not get them to eat something, what did I do? Add banana! As I was wondering what to add to my pesto to take the sour away I walked by the last banana sitting on the counter and wondered Hmmm. So I tried it. I popped the banana and pesto into the food processor and mixed it all up hoping the process might make it a little warmer also. (I did end up putting my finished dish on top of the oven while the cooked food was making and this helped worm up my dish a tad). The sour was gone! I totally get babies and the whole banana thing! How did it taste? you ask? Well, I do not recommend adding this to your recipe on purpose but if you ever put to much of anything in something you may want to try it. Even Terrina perked up as she had it and said "it is perfect!" Bryce agreed and ate it with me for dinner.
I forgot to tell you we ate dinner at 3:30. We had to run some errands before going to Awana in the evening and I did not want to have to rush home to eat so we had dinner at snack time and then after awana had a wonderfully tasty banana before bed.
The kids seemed to get untired enough to have a great time during the awana game times. Kage was so excited to tell me that he had done better at dodge ball than he had ever done before. In the recent past he had attributed his gradual increase in speed during game times to our 5k training. This is what I thought he was going to do this time. However he excitedly said "It must be the raw food!" I love how excited he is, it definitely rubs off and keeps the rest of us going.
I was still pretty sleepy and scatter brained when we got home so after the kids were down for the night I hopped in bed for some sleep. I thought about doing the blog first but all the things on sleep I had been seeing kept flashing through my mind. "if you are tired sleep" "if your body wants to sleep it needs sleep!" All yelling at me as duh! Also I just listened to a sermon on sleep by C.J. Mahaney. Reminding us that sleep is a humbling gift from God. So for all these reasons I went to sleep. Now I feel great!
I wanted to thank everyone for there encouragement and comments on our adventure. It really makes it fun and holds me way accountable to sticking to it. I am not sure how to make the blog allow comments but when I figure it out I will let you know.


4 comments:

  1. To post a comment, I clicked on the part at the bottom of your blog that says "0 comments", not the envelope or anythimg else. Type your comments. Choose a profile from which you are writing. Hit "preview" and put in the code you see in front of you, & press "post a comment".Is that what you were looking for?
    You guys are doing great. Hang in there Terrina! Remember, they say it takes at least 10 days (I think) for a habit to form or something to become routine. (hug-hug) -Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acrostic of the day:
    RAW...
    Rarely
    Accepted
    Wackiness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banana in the pesto sauce?! hehe Well, whatever works. That is the beauty of playing in the kitchen. Did you, yourself add to much lemon juice or do you feel the recipe was to high in lemon juice?

    Raw foods can be very powerful and if you go high raw quickly, people can experience what is called, Detox. Your body is releasing toxins that build up from foods and environment.

    I eat a high raw diet and love it. Even though I only share raw recipes on my site, my main goal is to just encourage others to add more fresh foods into their diets. Our bodies are vessels and I believe that God wants us to fill our vessels with the best food choices we can make.

    Everybody is so different in what their bodies need for nutrients and fuel. You guys are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was because I used lemon juice from the bottle not fresh from a lemon?

    ReplyDelete