Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 7


I was making juice for this first time today with my friends very fancy wonderful juicer. Airionna runs out of the room yelling "we have to take a picture of this mother!" I wonder how long she will think it is normal to take pictures of every thing we do in the kitchen:-) So this picture was taken from her with a little aim help. I might be concerned about her thinking food is our god, with the way we have been giving it so much attention lately. But I have to share a story from today with you that has nothing to do with this 30 days, but lets me know my above concerns are not to be worried on. I was having a moment or two this morning where nothing was going right, or even going at all. I felt like I was on a treadmill of life putting forth a lot of effort but not really doing anything. Hopefully my comment at this time of helplessness does not offend anyone. But I looked at Kage and said in my dramatic way, "I am so ready for Jesus to come!" Kage shared my statement with the others and Airionna comes up to me and says in a sweet motherly tone " oh, mother Jesus did come and he is here with you right now." God used my precious out of control 3 year old to bring my heart and mind under control real quick. So I really liked the juice. I did not follow a recipe of course, I just started throwing stuff in.Everyone thought the red bell pepper was a mistake but I loved it. Tomorrow I will be good and follow a recipe. At lunch the kids had apples in honey and sunflower seeds and a freezer bar from yesterday. I had a bar from yesterday. I am not really good at planning ahead which God has brought to my attention several times and where I thought I had improved enough in this area with the last lesson, I guess I still have work to do. Dinner was broccoli dipped in a red bell pepper sauce I kinda used a recipe from the web site but not exactly. It was definitely eatable. I am going grocery shopping again on the 8Th so I will pic up the ingredients I am missing to make them exact and I am sure their flavor will improve greatly. However things are going as planned as far as how much I am liking the food. Before this all began I was thinking if only I did not love the way food tasted I would have know problem eating to live instead of living to eat. But I did not have the motivation at that time to purposely eat food I did not like. Well now I do! It is not that the food I'm eating is not good it is just I am not a veggie person. Growing up I only ate mashed potatoes and corn, literally. My first salad was after Terrina was born. Since then I have had great friends who have had fun introducing me to many foods I have never had before but I am pretty sure it all included cooked food along with the healthy food. So even though I am not loving the total RAW diet, I am still convinced that I will be adding these new raw foods to my cooked food diet and honestly love it them.
Seth asked me "so mom, has it been about 20 days now?" I said "no, just 7" He had a bewildered look and told me it seemed much longer. Terrina and I energetically agreed. and then Kage piped in saying " it seems shorter to me... it must be because I am actually enjoying it". LOL I love my children!

2 comments:

  1. Acrostic of the day:
    RAW -
    Rewarding
    After
    Weeping
    That one's for you Terinna. I'm not sure if you're to the point of actually weeping yet, but hang in there. God will help you through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! just checked out the before/after pix: you look amazing, Lana!

    ReplyDelete