Tuesday, February 8, 2011

day 15


So I got confused on my math, I was supposed to do the pics this yesterday. "oi vay" I am getting myself confused. Oh well. I am a day farther than I thought. And the pictures I don't suspect will look much different, but I will do them any way cause I said I would:-)
OK so things again did not go as planned but life still goes on. My plan was to make "Living Lasagna" from the Nouveau Raw web site. It all looked doable until I got to the almond cheese which takes up to 12 hours to make. So I will try to make the cheese tomorrow and the lasagna the next day.
This put I wrinkle in all of dinner because I was going to serve cooked lasagna to the fam on the same night. So I had to change thought. The fam had enchiladas, and I had soup.
No it was not a recipe again but it turned out pretty good. I have not found the coconuts I need to make the corn soup in the web site but I wanted some soup. Sooo I took and avocado, and mixed it with the juice from a red bell pepper, garlic, pepper, nutritional yeast, onion powder, and mixed. Then I added some corn from the cob. The soup part was really good. But the corn ummm not the best. The first crunch of the corn was really good and sweet but the skin was pretty thick. I ended up straining the corn back out and just eating the soupy part. I had each child take a bite. Airionna immediately gave a horrid face, Terrina said hmm I'm not sure, Seth said "nope not good", Kage said "needs pepper, and I'm not even a pepper guy". We added more pepper and each said mmm good. However Kage was the only one who asked for a couple more bites.
To initiate the dehydrator my lovely friend is letting me borrow I am making Cauliflower Popcorn from the web site which is what we attempted to do in our home made dehydrator that just turned into worm food. But, the little tiny pieces that I took a bite of before that point were m m good. So I am very eager to have them done correctly.
Maybe by day 30 I will get something perfect:-)


1 comment:

  1. Acrostic for the day:
    RAW...
    Refreshing
    Alternative to
    Waffles

    ReplyDelete