Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 23

Kage is back!
Terrina bet him, and teased him, most of all challenged him to get back on. Only the stipulation is that he does ALL meals with me, and can not get off again, he is locked in. I am more confident now that the food we are eating is sufficient, especialy for him. Terrina and Seth would just starve themselves when they don't like it but Kage was made for war:-)

I was so excited with the things I was making yesterday, banana crepes, "cocoa puffs" with the sprouted Quinoa grain, and I was most excited about the veggie crackers!

I do not have the plastic pieces to put on the dehydrator trays but a friend told me I could use wax paper. Not a good Idea. The paper does not allow the air to move through and makes the bottom too hot. The bananas were on the bottom so they got dry but the wax paper completely stuck to the banana. So all of that food is gone! Ugh.... Guess what I am looking for at Wall-Mart for today, the correct pieces to lay on the dehydrator trays. You would think I would learn wouldn't you?

Kage and I had "spaghetti" for dinner. Actually it is called Cherry Tomato Marinara Sauce, from the Nouveauraw web site. It was pretty good but after having the lasagna it just gave me the craving to have that again:)

Dayle brought me the kombucha tea starter. EWW! But now is the time to try anything. You actually float this large slimy looking fungus in your bowl of tea as it eats sugar and grows more layers. It takes several days to make a batch so I need to get started right away.

2 comments:

  1. Tea sounds a little gross, Lana. Enjoy! You know, rules and directions are set in place for a reason.....silly. Trial and error, right?!?
    Acrostic for the day...(for Kage)
    RAW:
    Refrain from
    Acute
    Wandering

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAh kombucha...I have a funny story about that stuff. I haven't ever made it myself but I bought a jar of it when we were attending raw culinary school. I had it for lunch, it was strawberry flavored and had a bite to it. Soon after I drank about 1/2 of it, I started to get tipsy!!! I have never had a drink my life...but the natural fermentation of this drink can have that effect on people. I was having way to good of a time that afternoon. haha

    ReplyDelete