Tuesday, February 22, 2011

day 28



We had "not tuna (but close)". Un believable. I did not believe it at all. Even as I was making it I thought "this will just be another nutty veggie dip" It is amazing, maybe it is because it has been a while since I have actually had tuna but this really does taste like tuna! The only bummer is we did not have enough crackers to match the "tuna" but we will eat it up with some veggies. Kage and I are getting kinda stingy with the things we like. I was not willing to share more than a sliver of the crackers just to let them take a taste, they were like gold. I used the "Abundant Veggie Flax Crackers" ish recipe.I actually took Amie Sue's advice and just put in what ever I had in the fridge. We had lots of tuna though so I gave each chickie a regular saltine cracker with "tuna" on it. Kage was not OK with this. (Kage)" um why are you giving them OUR tuna?" (me)"because we have a lot and I don't mind is they share that with us, just not the crackers"(Kage) "Well I do!" This was not said in a snotty way but a hey now that's good stuff way. Seth had about 5 crackers of "tuna" upon request, he loved it. You can see in the picture how Airionna liked it:)She had to spit it out or I would have had a mess of more than "tuna" to clean up. Terrina liked it OK. And Bryce devoured it.







These are pics Cora took yesterday at the 5K.


Does it feel like it has been almost 30 days? Well it has been up and down. Now that the end is here and I have not done everything I would like to try it does feel like it went by fast. Unfortunately for some things it takes me a while to mentally prepare to actually do it. Such is the case with the kabucha Tea. The start is still on my counter untouched and it takes a week to make so unfortunately you will not get to witness me trying it. Today I will be trying to make sweet and sour onion rings.


The cocoa puffs are good. They are one of the things I was unable to complete because they would fall through the holes on the dehydrator so I started it out on wax paper until I realized that was not working. So I put the cocoa puff stuff in a container in the fridge. We still eat it but it is not dehydrated. It is good but I think it would be great if it had the texture and crunch from being dehydrated.
I am thinking of seeing if anyone would be interested in coming over for a bunko party, around March, and I will serve my favorite raw foods. I wanted to have people over to try some of the food but food alone did not seem fun. Then I remembered how Angie has bunko party's of which they have a theme. So I thought we could have a raw food themed bunco party! I will have to talk to Angie first to figure out how it works. As far as how many people are needed, but the thought is out there and maybe you could let me know if you are interested.








2 comments:

  1. Acrostic for the day:
    RAW...
    Readily
    Adapt
    Within

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in for the bunko party - you'll need lots of us. Just make sure theres some of that "tuna" there.

    ReplyDelete