Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 30!

Today's lunch: "tuna fish sandwich" Soo good!


Tomorrows Lunch: My favorite cookies and carbonation... mmm can't wait!
It is over! Actually I have been having a lot of fun. And I will continue eating much of the things I have tried. I will definitely be getting a dehydrator of my own. But I must say it will be so nice not to HAVE to eat raw. Terrina will be taking my final picture in the morning, but I will right my summary tonight. So on day one the things I was wondering about were energy, skin, and weight. Honestly I can not say that I have noticed a change in either my energy or my skin. As far as weight goes I definitely feel like I took off my chubby suit and I feel human again. I still have a way to go but this jump started me in the right direction. Some may role their eyes at me but that is OK, I think I might do a 2 week raw food diet once a year. I am thinking every year after my birthday which is right after new Year, which is right after Christmas, which is right after Rina's birthday, Thanks Giving, and every other child's birthday before that. I do not want to be a fuddy duddy and be "dieting" around fun times so I think this is a good plan to get me back into balance after... every thing. We will see how life goes. Everyone keeps asking, what is the first thing I will eat tomorrow. I had know idea until I stopped at the store for snacks for my cubbies tonight. I grabbed a bag of chips and some carbonated water which I plan to eat for lunch tomorrow with my left overs from tonight. Tonight for my last meal I made "Living Lasagna" again. I just had to. I wondered if it was really as good as I remembered or maybe I had just built it up in my head talking about how good it was. Nope it is just a good! Sooo good. Kage did not agree. So I had extra makings for the lasagna but my pan was full so I mixed the extras all up together and will eat it as a chip dip. Yes I will have real chips but I do have some onion bread that would be really good with it too so, no I am not going to go crazy on the chips, but it is nice like I said to be free. Today for lunch we had "tuna fish sandwiches" we used the left over non tuna and put it on the onion bread. It was wonderful. Again Kage did not agree. I think he is way done with this, but he did do good. He would have stuck with it all 30 days if I had not given them and easy out earlier on. Bryce had multiple pieces of onion bread. Tim told Kage when we were done he would take us out to a restaurant so that is a possibility. But what I know for sure is I have some cookies in my freezer made for me by one of my cubbies that I will definitely be having tomorrow:-)





One thing I really got to thinking about was making sure food does not become our god. It is so tricky because it can happen in so many different ways. We can over indulge or obsess on not over indulging. Of course you remember my "milk god". Also I think we can turn our convictions which are not wrong in themselves into gods if we put them before the priority we have to show love to others before ourselves. I did not get a chance to put this into practice in this 30 days but I was invited over to a friends house for dinner. (kids got sick so we could not go) however the invitation its self made me check my heart again. Was eating only raw to uphold my commitment of only raw for 30 days worth my rejecting food that was made out of love by my friend. No way. On the out side some may make jokes about it being a "good excuse"(to not eat raw) but truly if I reject something from a friend, a human, another person, I have no excuse. It is saying your food is not good enough for me today call me in 20 days. Yuck! And yet I think many of us do that very thing by putting our own thoughts, desires, feelings, opinions, sometimes convictions, as more important than people. Which we are commanded the opposite. I may have made that very mistake during this 30 days, and I am grateful to have such merciful friends. So many of my friends are very aware of how things affect others this is something I am seeing I need to become much more sensitive to.





I must say the thing I will miss the most is checking every day to see what acrostic Angie comes up with next. Wasn't yesterdays just amazingly perfect with the "worm"fitting together with the slimy onion rings. She is awesome.
I will probably not be on Amie Sue's web site http://nouveauraw.com/ up to 8 times a day any more either, but I will be checking it because she is always adding more amazing things. For anyone who is thinking of going raw I highly recommend sticking with Amie. My reason is because I have heard many freaky thought processes of people who claim to be Christians and yet are very confused of what God has to say about food. Amie is very knowledgeable and experienced in this type of food world but from what I can see she keeps it in its place.





Wow, remember on day one I did not have any of the tools to make most of these recipes, and now because of my friends I had more than I could have imagined to make this a great adventure. Thank you everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Your FINAL acrostic for the day:
    RAW...
    Recant your
    Adventurous
    Wager

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL qweenbee, I love this final acrostic!
    Lana, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you! You made it! And congrats to Kage too: way to go!

    ReplyDelete